FRESH facts – Windmeul’s egg farmers work hard to provide you with fresh eggs of Grade A quality.
- It typically takes 3 to 7 days for eggs to get ‘from farm to table’ and we maintain a constant, optimum cold chain from farm to store.
- The eggs are collected on the farm, graded and packaged then transported to the grocery store.
- Eggs are one of the few sources of protein that can be kept refrigerated for 4 to 5 weeks without spoiling.
- The Best Before date on the carton indicates how long an egg will stay fresh and maintain its Grade A quality.
- To preserve quality and freshness, store eggs in their carton in the refrigerator.