Bacon and Egg Pie
A traditional picnic dish, we just love this one for a summer picnic!
Bake in the oven at 160ºC for about 70 minutes.
What you will need?
1 pack of ready-rolled puff pastry
13 happy Humpty Dumpty eggs
8 slices of smoked streaky bacon
Salt and pepper
- Butter a 9”-10” pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry, ensuring there is enough to cover base and top of the dish. Line the dish with the pastry, leaving plenty to overlap the lid.
- Crack six happy Humpty Dumpty eggs into the dish ensuring the yolks are evenly spaced around the pie.
- Using scissors to cut to size, lay four slices of bacon on top of the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack another six happy Humpty Dumpty eggs into the pie dish as before and finish with the other slices of bacon.
- Whisk the last egg to make a glaze. Use a pastry brush to paint the edge of the pastry with egg, cover the pie with the second piece of pastry and pinch together.
Glaze the pie top and make a slit before putting in the oven to bake
Serve cold in slices.