There is nothing more comforting than a perfectly poached egg. Although many people leave the poaching to the real foodies and gourmet chefs, we have created our own, easy way of poaching the perfect egg and feel very proud every time we get to share this beautiful rustic and simple dish with friends and family.
- 4 – 6 All Grain® eggs
- 500ml of water (for 4 eggs, 750ml for 6 eggs)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (white wine vinegar also works well)
- Kitchen towel
- 4 – 6 slices of stone-ground ciabatta bread
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs pesto
- 1 – 2 ripe avocados
- Micro salad leaves or rocket
- 40g grated Parmesan
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Spread the ciabatta slices with a generous serving of pesto, place on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake for 8 – 10 mins.
- Bring 500ml of water to the boil, add the vinegar and a little salt. Lower the heat and add the eggs gently to the boiling water. Boil for 2 – 3 mins until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Transfer the eggs one at a time onto the kitchen towel until excess water is absorbed.
- Remove the baking tray. Place the eggs on the toasted bread and serve with micro leaves, avocado, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper and paprika.