When In Roam
This dish is super easy to make and always has the ability to transfer me to Europe or somewhere far far away.
- 2 x Free Range Eggs
- ½ diced onion
- 1 cup spinach diced
- 30g ricotta cheese
- Handful of roasted pine kernels
- 1x croissant
- ½ punnet of fresh cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp butter for frying
- ½ fresh lemon
- ¼ cup micro leaves / rocket leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Roast the pine kernels for 3 mins (you just want to release the flavour…) and set aside.
- Fry the onion in a little butter on low heat until golden. Add the spinach, salt and pepper and fry until tender add the ricotta and mix until well blended with the onion and spinach mixture. Set aside.
- For the perfect scrambled eggs: Fry 1 tsp butter in a pan on low heat. Break the eggs into the pan and lightly separate with a scratch proof spatula until the egg is properly scrambled, add salt and pepper. Continue lightly separating until the eggs are cooked.
- Cut the croissant length wise and fill with first the spinach mixture and then the egg mixture. Top with pecorino shavings and try some fresh lemon juice to add a little zing.
- Serve with fresh tomatoes, micro leaves and lemon wedges.