The classic omelette is probably one of the most filling egg dishes out there and still remains a favourite amongst many. One of our founder ‘’hens’’ once shared her secret to the fluffiest omelettes and we love sharing this fool-proof trick with you today: for every egg used, add a tablespoon of water (as easy as that!)
- 2x Windmeul Super Jumbo Eggs (3 eggs)
- 2 tbs water
- ½ cup grated mature cheddar cheese
- ½ punnet Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh herbs
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup baby salad leaves as garnish
- 1 tsp butter
- Beat the eggs and water in a bowl. Melt the butter in a pan on low heat. Add the egg mixture and make sure to cover the bottom of the entire pan. When the egg is almost cooked add the herbs, salt, pepper and cheese.
- When cooked, fold the omelette in half and slide onto a plate. Garnish with baby salad leaves and serve with fresh avocado slices, fried tomatoes or fresh cucumber.
- Other variations to try as a filling:
- Fried spinach, onion and ricotta
- Fried courgette, tomato and mushrooms